Thank you for reporting this bug to Ubuntu.

Ubuntu 21.10 (impish) reached end-of-life on July 14, 2022.

See this document for currently supported Ubuntu releases:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

We appreciate that this bug may be old and you might not be interested
in discussing it any more. But if you are then please upgrade to the
latest Ubuntu version and re-test. If you then find the bug is still
present in the newer Ubuntu version, please add a comment here telling
us which new version it is in.

** Changed in: gjs (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Won't Fix

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gjs in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1949411

Title:
  GJS using lots of CPU resources non stop

Status in gjs package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  In my laptop, gjs is using lots of CPU resources (about 13% in my case) and I 
cannot stop it. Keeping the mouse over it, it seems to be related to the 
Desktop extension. I also attached a screeshot showing that. I tried Alt+F2 & 
r, nothing changes in this regard; I tried disabling the extension and Alt+F2 & 
r, nothing changes. Restart works.
  When this happens, the mouse cannot interact with the desktop icons. For 
instance, when I moved one file, it was still shown on the Desktop, although I 
have already moved it with Nautilus/Files.

  I have a theory: I use the desktop to temporary store files, also my
  screen recording software creates the files on the Desktop. One time,
  when I moved in Nautilus the file from the Desktop to my working
  folders, this bug was triggered. Maybe it was a coincidence, but it
  sure looked like that. My idea is that the extension does not properly
  work with other programs interacting with the desktop and it somehow
  crashes instead or re-scanning the files over there and paint them
  correctly.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 21.10
  Package: gjs 1.68.4-1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.13.0-20.20-generic 5.13.14
  Uname: Linux 5.13.0-20-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu71
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Nov  1 23:50:11 2021
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2021-10-14 (18 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 21.10 "Impish Indri" - Release amd64 (20211012)
  SourcePackage: gjs
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gjs/+bug/1949411/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to