Public bug reported:

Hi,

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
jammy
Linux 5.15.0-40-generic x86_64 x86_64
ubuntu-xorg / x11

I prefer panel and dock to become fully opaque only when windows are
maximized.

So I use this extension for panel : Transparent Top Bar (Adjustable
transparency) which JustWorks™ in both Xorg and Wayland.

In ubuntu-dock, dynamic-transparency is set through dconf-editor (
transparency-mode, min-alpha, max-alpha. )

When using DiNG under Wayland, opacity is triggered as if « desktop »
was considered as a maximized window.

Under Xorg, DiNG does not trigger dock opacity, as expected.

** Affects: gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-ng (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-ng
in Ubuntu.

  Using DiNG triggers ubuntu-dock opacity

Status in gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-ng package in Ubuntu: