Architecture: i386
Date: Mon Jan 23 22:20:35 2012
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release i386 (20111012)
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: nautilus

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Tags: apport-bug i386 oneiric

  Nautilus has no Bookmark target until CTRL+D

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Running a stock Oneiric version of Nautilus. I find that dragging
  Folders into the left pane never creates a bookmark.

  Previously, I think I could drag folders 'in between' other folders in
  the left pane, seeing a black line indicating where the new bookmark
  would be placed.

  Now it's impossible to find a drag/drop target which creates a
  bookmark from a stock Oneiric until first running the keyboard
  shortcut CTRL+D to add an item. Once an item exists, a Bookmarks
  section appears in the Nautilus left pane, and then I can drag
  subsequent bookmarks under this heading.

  For Bookmarks to be a usable feature, there should be some kind of
  GUI-based technique to create them. Currently it requires deep
  understanding of Nautilus keyboard shortcuts to begin with.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.2.1-0ubuntu3.2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-15.25-generic-pae 3.0.13
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-15-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386