I can confirm this issue with Ubuntu 22.04 in as much as any attempt to
open a further Files window will show on the dock as a PyCharm window.
Once the Files window that was opened by PyCharm has been closed then
the dock displays the 'dot' against Files correctly.

** Description changed:

  Here is everything you need to know:
  https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-298262.
+
+ From the above link:
+
+ Steps to Reproduce
+
+     Open a project
+
+     In the "explorer" panel click "Open In" on something, then "Files"
+
+ Actual Result
+
+ The Files window is opened with it's icon being PyCharm's icon, and all
+ subsequent folder openings now have PyCharm's icon until I reboot. So,
+ "Open In" is unusable, and I have to open folders manually.
+
+ Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

** Tags added: focal jammy

** Package changed: ubuntu => gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- An application replaces Files (Nautilus) icon
+ An application replaces Files (Nautilus) indicator on Ubuntu Dock

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  An application replaces Files (Nautilus) indicator on Ubuntu Dock

Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:

  Here is everything you need to know:
  https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-298262.

  From the above link: