Public bug reported:

Hi,

Printer ( in my context ) is Ricoh Aficio mpc 3002 and most Ricoh's
drivers are open-source (
https://www.openprinting.org/printer/Ricoh/Ricoh-Aficio_MP_C3002 )

Since I « upgraded » my installation from 20.04 → 22.04, I'm unable to
print in colors, only black and white, whatever I set in driver.

I tried what's suggested in
⋅
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1410583/upgrading-to-22-04-printer-doesnt-works-in-colorhttps://discourse.ubuntubudgie.org/t/22-04-unable-to-add-printer-which-perfectly-worked-in-20-04/6209

I might go wrong somewhere cause I still can't manage to print in color.
→ the snap thing ( Gutenprint Printer Application ) does not detect my (
network ) printer,
→ I'm not sure of the name for PRINTER I should input in command « lpadmin -p
PRINTER -o print-color-mode-default=color » ( and is this as normal user or
sudo ? )

It seems related to
⋅ https://github.com/OpenPrinting/cups/issues/421

It's a regression ( as it used to work out of the box before 22.04 ).

** Affects: cups-filters (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups-filters in Ubuntu.

  Since upgrade from 20.04 → 22.04 ; unable to print in color, only
  black and white

Status in cups-filters package in Ubuntu: