Thanks for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu
better. We appreciate the difficulties you are facing, but this appears
to be a "regular" (non-security) bug.  I have unmarked it as a security
issue since this bug does not show evidence of allowing attackers to
cross privilege boundaries nor directly cause loss of data/privacy.
Please feel free to report any other bugs you may find.

** Information type changed from Public Security to Public

Packages, which is subscribed to file-roller in Ubuntu.

  GUI "Extract Here"  bug - loop until disk is full

Status in file-roller package in Ubuntu:

  What happened
  -------------
  When .rar file is extracted using GUI by right clicking the file and
selecting "Extract Here", the process continued until the disk is full.

  What I expected
  Extracting the .rar file without consuming my whole disk. Actual file size
after extraction is 22-23MB.

  How it got resolved
  So I installed unrar package using "sudo apt-get install unrar" and the
problem got resolved. Seems like a bug since the unrar package was not there by
default and without unrar the process consumes the whole disk.

  OS details are as follows