[Expired for screen-resolution-extra (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: screen-resolution-extra (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to screen-resolution-extra in Ubuntu.

  Wrong virtual desktop size setting set in xorg.conf

Status in screen-resolution-extra package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: screen-resolution-extra

  In Jaunty (beta) on an Asus EeePC with a native LCD resolution of
  800x480

  When connecting a Dell E173FPB as an external monitor.

  Going into System > Preferences > Display and unchecking the 'cloned'
  checkbox it asks me if I want to add a virtual screen resolution as
  required by this option.

  It then asked me for my password and to log out. When I log out and
  back in the screen resolution settings do not allow the monitor to go
  above 800x600, even though the monitor's top resolution is 1280x1024.

  To solve this problem I edited the xorg.conf file and changed the
  virtual resolution setting from 800 1080 to 2048 2048. After logging
  out, this allowed me to select the correct resolution for the Dell
  monitor.