This bug is similar to the issue described in this older bug report
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1790608 I'm a
bit disappointed that we've left a bug like this in a LTS release
without a solution. It seems the snap approach is not yet on equal ux/ui
footing with the previous approaches. Is there a way I can help with
fixing this?

  [snap] Cannot open attached file from e-mail

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  I installed the LibreOffice snap to get a newer version compared to the apt
package.  When I receive a LibreOffice document as attachment and try to open
it from Thunderbird, I get the following error message:
  """
  /tmp/mozilla-antoine0/mydoc.docx doesn't exist
  """

  I don't understand the point of restricting filesystem access from a word
processor.
  At least this is a clear regression from the apt package.