   [snap] chromium does not read root-owned files in $HOME

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Permission denied when trying to load unpacked browser extension from
  folder with 755 permissions

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  1) Ubuntu version
        Release:        20.04

  2) chromium snap 103.0.5060.53

  3) Expected result

  When trying to load an "unpacked" browser extension for development, I
  should be able to click the "Load unpacked" button on the
  chrome://extensions/ view (in Developer mode) and select any folder
  for which I have access rights.

  In particular, I'm trying to access a folder within my own home
  directory which has 755 permissions and root:root ownership. I have
  access to read this folder (and the files within it) as far as the
  operating system is concerned.

  This always worked fine with the apt/deb packaging of Chromium until I
  updated to Ubuntu 20.04.4 (and thus the snap packaging) a few days
  ago. The extension would load as expected.

  4) Actual result

  When I try to load the extension from that folder in Chromium, I
  receive an error:

  Could not read the contents of app
  Error opening directory '/home/myuser/some/path/to/app': Permission denied

  Regardless of whether or not I should have this strange scenario,
  chromium should not be deciding for me which files/folders I can or
  cannot access. I expect this permissions issue extends beyond only the