close the browser and reopen it, the issue disappears.
The issue also doesn't come back when I do Log Out, only on restart/shutdown.

Below, I test 2 probable fixes commented in this bug thread:

#28: "The problem seems to be related to Chrome apps (Google Chat for example)"
Me: I don't have any Chrome apps and the issue are happening

#29: "Disabling 'Use hardware acceleration when available' from chrome settings
the problem stop happend."
Me: Nope. Again, still happening. I think reopening the browser falls into the
behavior presented above.

----------------------
>From chrome://version:

Google Chrome   105.0.5195.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision
4c16f5ffcc2da70ee2600d5db77bed423ac03a5a-refs/branch-heads/5195_55@{#4}
OS              Linux

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Brave & Chrome browsers freezes on download and print to pdf

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Whenever any file is downloaded, the browser will freeze. Download
  files, from any page does not work. Same issue with Firefox.

  Similarly, the browser will freeze when a page is printed to pdf.