Basically the same as Jammy.

I enabled focal-proposed and upgrade xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu. Made
sure Wayland was not selected in GDM as Xorg is the default, then
connected an external monitor which routes to AMDGPU instead of Intel.
Close the lid to make the external monitor the single display, the
refresh rate is smooth so the issue is resolved.

I also boot up an AMD APU laptop to test the package and no regression
was found.

** Tags removed: verification-needed verification-needed-focal
** Tags added: verification-done verification-done-focal

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu in Ubuntu.

  Fix slow refresh rate when AMD GPU screen in reverse prime mode

Status in HWE Next:
  Fix Released
Status in xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu source package in Kinetic:

  [Impact]
  When AMD GPU is a GPU screen using reverse prime and its the only display,
the fresh rate is very slow.

  [Fix]
  Enable present extension for GPU screen so it can be a viable CRTC to be
selected.

  [Test]
  On a I+A laptop and external displays are routed to AMDGPU, disable internal
display like closing lid can observe the issue.

  With the fix applied, the external display becomes very smooth.

  [Where problems could occur]
  I personally don't see why GPU screen can't use present extension, but this
is Xorg so there might be some arcane reasons I didn't think of.