crash during full-upgrade: (that removed bunch of packages, see below...)
Start-Date: 2022-09-23  00:16:10
Commandline: apt full-upgrade

black screen, no network.

reboot.

configuring network: (from history)
1093  ip a add 192.168.178.100/24 dev enp37s0
1094  ip link set dev enp37s0 up
1095  ip route add default via 192.168.178.1

/etc/hosts:   129.143.116.10 ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de (for my
sources.list)

apt update
apt --fix-broken install
(problem remains: no gui no net)

apt install ubuntu-desktop .. gui is back.

found Removed packages from faulty full-upgrade. a bunch of. -> file
atached: Removed


cat  Removed | tr , \\n| awk -F: '{print $1}'|grep -v Remove|xargs apt install 
-y

did the job. online+working OK
End-Date: 2022-09-23  01:23:51


** Attachment added: "The Removed packages from faulty full-upgrade"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1961910/+attachment/5618454/+files/Removed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1961910

Title:
  Ubuntu 22 crash when updating, broken network manager and cannot
  report bug

Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  A new day, a new struggle with Ubuntu 22.04.

  So, I decided to get my daily updates and in the middle of the process the 
system just crashed, leaving me at the login page. When I got back, the wifi 
was no longer there and the network configuration was reporting an error about 
the network manager having problems.
  I shut down and restarted, the wifi came back.

  Went to the var/crash folder to report the bug with

      $:/var/crash$ ubuntu-bug _usr_bin_gnome-shell.1000.crash

  and it started complaining about older packages that need to be
  upgraded. I run `apt upgrade`, one of the packages is `dbus`, I tried
  `apt install dbus` and another even uglier crash that left me with a
  black screen from which I could only come back with a forced shutdown
  and restart.

  Now, how do I get out of this mess and report the bug?

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1961910/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to