Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
review all reported bugs in a timely manner.
Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial) reached end-of-standard-support on April 29, 2021.
This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue when using a currently supported release of
Ubuntu then please let us know otherwise this report can be left to
expire in approximately 60 days time.
** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
** Package changed: xorg (Ubuntu) => ubuntu
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1631528
Title:
Blank screen after grub menu
Status in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
After a fresh install of Ubuntu Mate 16.04.1 on my laptop I have some
problems booting. After the grub menu the screen goes blank and
nothing happens after that. I think the system is booting properly
apart from the screen not showing anything, I can change the volume
using the hardware keys and I can connect with SSH from another
machine. I've found two workarounds for this problem.
1) Select recovery mode from the grub meny and then resume normal
boot, however, the screen resolution is not set properly.
2) Change my grub config file to boot into text mode. I commented out the line
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
and changed
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""
to
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=”text"
and uncommented the line
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console
After running sudo update-grub and rebooting the system boots into
MATE and the correct screen resolution is set.
I've collected dmesg after a "blank screen" boot, let me know if there
is anything else I should provide.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
Package: xorg 1:7.7+13ubuntu3
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-31.50-generic 4.4.13
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-31-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: MATE
Date: Fri Oct 7 22:41:04 2016
InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-10-06 (1 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 16.04.1 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160719)
SourcePackage: xorg
Symptom: display
Title: Xorg freeze
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1631528/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp