Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
review all reported bugs in a timely manner.

Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial) reached end-of-standard-support on April 29, 2021.

This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. Is
this issue still relevant when using a currently supported release of
Ubuntu? If so then please let us know otherwise this report can be left
to expire in approximately 60 days time.

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Incomplete

** Tags added: xenial

** Package changed: xorg (Ubuntu) => ubuntu

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1585957

Title:
  DPMS support removed?

Status in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I have a script in which I used:
  xset dpms standby 0 ; xset dpms suspend 0 ; xset dpms off 0

  Today, when I run the script, I get:
  $ xset dpms standby 0
  xset:  unknown option standby
  [...synopsis of available commands...]
  $ xset dpms suspend 0
  xset:  unknown option suspend
  [...]

  However, reading the synopsis that is output after the error, I read:
      To control Energy Star (DPMS) features:
          -dpms      Energy Star features off
          +dpms      Energy Star features on
           dpms [standby [suspend [off]]]
                force standby
                force suspend
                force off
                force on
                (also implicitly enables DPMS features)
                a timeout value of zero disables the mode

  So standby and suspend are suposed to exist...

  There is either a bug in the code or in the doc!

  $ cat /etc/issue
  Ubuntu 16.04 LTS \n \l
  $ cat /etc/lsb-release 
  DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
  DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
  DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
  DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04 LTS"

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1585957/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to