I thing it is terrible situation and an absolute no go. Since release of
22.04 I have to use Microsoft Windows or MacOS for printing colored
documents. And it seems nobody cares about it. Really? Not only the
snapd bullshit which makes Firefox completely unusable for NFS/LDAP
users. Maybe I should switch to Debian or another STABLE distribution.
Ubuntu has forgotten its basics.

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  printing PDF appears always grey, no color

Status in CUPS:
  New
Status in atril package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in okular package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading from 20.04 LTS to 22.04 LTS I can't print colored PDF
  document. The print appears always b/w regardless color printing was
  enabled or not. Printing from LibreOffice produces a color print. This
  behavior (bug) is reproducible on three upgraded machines. It would be
  nice to have color print back again.