From #ubuntu-devel on 2022-10-13

10:12 < bdmurray> oSoMoN: with regards to bug 1992688
                  isn't having the x-www-browser and
                  gnome-www-browser important
                  functionality?
10:12 -ubottu:#ubuntu-devel- Bug 1992688 in firefox
          (Ubuntu) "firefox deb not installed"
          [Undecided, New]
          https://launchpad.net/bugs/1992688
10:13 < oSoMoN> bdmurray, it is
10:14 < bdmurray> oSoMoN: Can you work with the desktop
                  team on getting it seeded then?
10:15 < oSoMoN> seb128, do we want to seed firefox again
                for this? ^
11:27 < seb128> oSoMoN, I think so, I though we had it
                installed by default on the iso for
                22.04 still no? if so how did it drop?
11:29 < bdmurray> I did not see it in the manifest for
                  22.04
11:34 < seb128> k, maybe I misremember and we just added
                it back so there was a way to accomodate
                those requirements
11:35 < seb128> but it would make sense to have it
                installed by default to have the
                alternative and the package provide
11:36 < bdmurray> I think the release upgrader would
                  install it on upgrades if it ends up
                  being seeded in kinetic
11:45 < seb128> ack
11:45 < seb128> oSoMoN, +1 from me for doing the change

  firefox deb not installed

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Bug 1964036 leads me to believe that the firefox deb provides some
  important functionality (the firefox favourite icon in the gnome shell
  dock) but there is nothing that would require the deb to be installed
  (it is not seeded nor has an rdep) and the package description
  indicates that it can be safely removed. Is there some important
  functionality that it provides?

  ProblemType: BugDistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.10
  Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core 1:22.10.8
  ProcVersionSignature: User Name 5.19.0-19.19-generic 5.19.7
  CasperMD5CheckMismatches: ./boot/grub/grub.cfg
  CasperMD5CheckResult: fail
  CrashDB: ubuntu
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Oct 12 11:30:46 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220419)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bashSourcePackage: ubuntu-release-upgrader
  Symptom: ubuntu-release-upgrader
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to kinetic on 2022-10-12 (0 days ago)
  VarLogDistupgradeTermlog: