There is a last reason for providing a deb package. On Ubuntu 22.04 I
don't need the snap except for Firefox . However, the snap system slows
down the startup of Ubuntu 22.04.

  missing a tightly integrated deb package without snap

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  New
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  I installed the Jammy Jellyfish version. When I launch firefox, the
  delay between my click and the apparition of the window is very long
  compared to the behaviour of the previous versions of Ubuntu. The deb
  package is just pulling the firefox snap. Why did you decide this
  performance regression ?! I don't understand.

  Package: firefox 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Fri Apr 29 21:27:26 2022
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220419)
  Snap.Changes: aucun changement trouvé
  SourcePackage: firefox