Thanks CoolKoon, I missed that. So anyway, the problem doesn't seem like it was
a System Monitor issue, but rather a problem with your squashfs file, so the
Invalid status for the system monitor bug still stands.
---
Ubuntu Bug Squad volunteer triager
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu.

  gnome-system-monitor keeps crashing with signal 7 (on a Jaunty booted
  from USB)

Status in The GNOME System Monitor:
  Expired
Status in “gnome-system-monitor” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gnome-system-monitor

  I am unable to start gnome-system-monitor at all, because each time I click
on the appropriate button, the crash report dialog comes up. Nothing helps with
this, not even running from console (it says "Bus error (core dumped)") nor
sudoing to root (the same at the former).
  Output of synaptic verion query:
  gnome-system-monitor:
    Telepítve: 2.26.0.1-0ubuntu1
    Jelölt: 2.26.0.1-0ubuntu1
    Verziótáblázat:
   *** 2.26.0.1-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
  (sorry, it's in Hungarian, "Telepítve"=Installed, "Jelölt"=Marked/Selected,
"Verziótáblázat"=Version table)

  ProblemType: Crash
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-system-monitor
  MediaBuild: Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" - Release i386 (20090420.1)
  Package: gnome-system-monitor 2.26.0.1-0ubuntu1
  ProcCmdline: gnome-system-monitor
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  Signal: 7
  SourcePackage: gnome-system-monitor
  StacktraceTop:
   ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
   ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
   ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
   ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
   ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
  Title: gnome-system-monitor crashed with signal 7
  Uname: Linux 2.6.28-11-generic i686
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare