As seen in the attachment, after unlocking the screen only the dots menu
appears, after clicking it, the screen goes dark and only search is
active but not much else. One can still access reboot menu and restart
PC to fix the issue.

** Attachment added: "dashtodockBUG.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock/+bug/1993284/+attachment/5624834/+files/dashtodockBUG.png

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

    Dash-to-dock shows blank black screen after computer locked for some
  time (Ubuntu 22.04)

Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:

  Happening in Ubuntu 22.04

  How to reproduce:

      Left computer idle and locked for quite some time
      Unlock the computer
      Only Show Applications icon is shown in dash-to-dock
      When clicked, blank black screen with no application is shown. And can't
return to desktop or do any other navigations.

  Log out / restart menu still works so I usually restart my computer to
  fix this.

  Affected application: micheleg-dash-to-dock

  ~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04