hum, but

/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
text/calendar=org.gnome.Calendar.desktop;

doesn't match the content of the /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
file you attached earlier in the bug... did you attach the wrong file or
do config changes in between?

  weird default applications behaviour

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  When installing multiple packages at the same time, which manipulate
  the default applications settings in the gnome control center, not all
  are being added and/or others are getting removed/forgotten. (a lot of
  times, I have the issue that the mime text/calendar is getting
  forgotten by gnome)

  so the workaround right now is to install packages one after the other
  to get the option to select the correct application.

  if there is a way to supply logs, I would be happy to provide them.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:41.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.5
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Oct 18 06:30:33 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
  SourcePackage: gnome-control-center