I am closing this bug.
In the upstream report, upstream confirms that gnome-shell itself does
not need 'gjs', only the gjs library.
The gnome-shell-extension-prefs app packaged as a .deb correctly depends
on gjs.
A default Ubuntu Desktop install includes gjs. For you to remove gjs,
you will have needed to remove the GNOME Characters app and the Desktop
Icons NG extension and the ubuntu-desktop metapackage. At that point,
you're outside the fully supported Ubuntu Desktop experience.
Maybe the Flatpak needs to bundle 'gjs' if it requires gjs.
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Invalid
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided => Low
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Status: Invalid => Triaged
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1993831
Title:
gnome-shell does not contain gjs dependence
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
Triaged
Bug description:
Hi, I updated from Ubuntu 22.04 to Ubuntu 22.10 and I had an issue
with GNOME shell "Extensions" app.
I replaced "Extensions" (gnome-shell-extension-prefs) with Flatpak
version of it from Flathub using GNOME "Software" center.
After this, I'm not sure, I might have used the "sudo apt auto-remove"
command.
After these changes, Flatpak version of the "Extensions" app gave an
error: (https://github.com/flathub/org.gnome.Extensions/issues/13)
After a bit of digging, I realized removing "Extensions" packages also
removes gjs dependence. So I installed gjs package and "Extensions"
works again.
1) OS
OS: Ubuntu 22.10
Desktop: GNOME
2) Package
gnome-shell: 43.0-1ubuntu2
gnome-shell-extension-prefs: 43.0-1ubuntu2
3) What you expected to happen
Removing the package and installing Flatpak version without any error.
4) What happened instead
I replaced the app with Flatpak version and it removed gjs and gnome-
shell extension support.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1993831/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp