** Changed in: mutter

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Drag-and-drop from Nautilus causes Mutter to close Wayland connections

Status in Mutter:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  When dragging a file from Nautilus to another window (either another
  Nautilus window or a GNOME Terminal window), and you hold down the alt
  key while dropping, Mutter closes the connection to the target
  application (which GDK handles by calling `_exit(1)` unconditionally).

  When the target application is a GNOME Terminal window, the entire
  GNOME Terminal Server exits, so all terminal windows close. This is
  likely to lead to data loss (I have personally experienced having many
  very important terminal windows with neovim just close because I dared
  to drag and drop a file into another terminal window instead of typing
  out the path).

  I made an issue upstream:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/1789, but I thought it
  should be in Launchpad as well.