Attention

Above workaround only works under xorg!

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-libinput in Ubuntu.

  Excessive libinput pointer motion even idle

Status in xserver-xorg-input-libinput package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I have a notebook avell c65 mob model and a razer mouse model abyssus
  essential.

  What is happening:

  I installed the package libinput-tools and ran the command;
  $ sudo libinput debug-events

  After that i see lots of pointer motion event "logs" even with the
  mouse idle and gnome-settings acceleration medium/low configs.

  Tested workaround:

  Edit file file /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf , like
  this:

  Section "InputClass"
          Identifier "libinput pointer catchall"
          MatchIsPointer "on"
          MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
          NoMatchDriver "libinput"             # maybe this line optional
          Driver "stdin"
  EndSection

  Now if i set in gnome-control-center, menu mouse&touchpad, mouse
speed/acceleration at full speed;
  and run again: $ sudo libinput debug-events ; with mouse pointer idle i got
no pointer motion ;)

  Thank you!

  Luiz