I was able to load the module libaetpkss from version 3.7.0 (instead of the latest 3.8.0) to Snap Firefox just copying the shared library to my home dir (where Firefox has access). It has to be the version 3.7.0 that needs the legacy package libssl1.1
-- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to firefox in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1967632 Title: [snap] apparmor denied when trying to load pkcs11 module for smart card authentication Status in Mozilla Firefox: Confirmed Status in firefox package in Ubuntu: Triaged Bug description: I use a smart card to access government sites. I have that working in firefox and chrome on ubuntu impish, and gave jammy a try, but there firefox won't load the library, giving me a generic error. dmesg, however, shows this apparmor denied message: [sáb abr 2 17:32:27 2022] audit: type=1400 audit(1648931547.646:115): apparmor="DENIED" operation="file_mmap" profile="snap.firefox.firefox" name="/run/user/1000/doc/e0bac853/libaetpkss.so.3.5.4112" pid=3680 comm="firefox" requested_mask="m" denied_mask="m" fsuid=1000 ouid=0 Note also the path, that's not what I typed into the firefox dialog box. I have the .so copied to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libaetpkss.so.3.5.4112, and that's what I typed in when prompted for its path by firefox. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04 Package: firefox 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.15.0-23.23-generic 5.15.27 Uname: Linux 5.15.0-23-generic x86_64 NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu80 Architecture: amd64 CasperMD5CheckResult: pass CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME Date: Sat Apr 2 17:34:09 2022 InstallationDate: Installed on 2022-03-20 (13 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Alpha amd64 (20220319) Snap.Changes: no changes found SourcePackage: firefox UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/firefox/+bug/1967632/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

