[Expired for chromium-browser (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium browser does not respect defined input method

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  = Steps to reproduce
  ====================

  1. Use “im-config” to select “xim” as input method. It will change
  your “~/.xinputrc” file to define “xim” as selected method.

  = Expected behavior
  ===================

  1. You should be able to use your “~/.XCompose” sequences in any
  program inside Ubuntu.

  = Current behavior
  ==================

  1. Your “XCompose” sequences won't work anywhere inside the Chromium
  window, and any input in Chromium will behave sometimes as the
  standard input (“ibus”, if I recall correctly), other times it will
  ignore dead keys completely (apostrophe, quotes and grave have no
  effect).

  1.1. I say “sometimes” because I couldn't figure out what makes/when
  it behave in any of the two ways. But both are wrong anyway, so it
  does not really matter. Other programs I've tried so far (gedit,
  firefox and others) work correctly all the time, i.e., I can normally
  use my XCompose escape sequencies as expected.

  = Rationale
  ===========

  As of now, I need “XCompose” sequences in order to type special
  characters and diacritics easily and correctly, for portuguese. As it
  happens, the standard input does not provide an easy way to type
  c-cedilla (ç), as the input sequence (apostrophe-c) ends with a
  c-acute (ć) instead.

  Therefore, I'd like Chromium to behave as the other programs do, i.e.,
  using “xim” as the input method.

  = lsb_release -rd
  =================

  Release:      14.04

  = apt-cache policy pkgname
  ==========================

  chromium-browser:
    Installed: 34.0.1847.116-0ubuntu2
    Candidate: 34.0.1847.116-0ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 34.0.1847.116-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://br.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Package: chromium-browser 34.0.1847.116-0ubuntu2
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Fri Apr 18 18:54:32 2014
  Desktop-Session:
   DESKTOP_SESSION = ubuntu
   XDG_CONFIG_DIRS = /etc/xdg/xdg-ubuntu:/usr/share/upstart/xdg:/etc/xdg
   XDG_DATA_DIRS =
/usr/share/ubuntu:/usr/share/gnome:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/
  DetectedPlugins:

  Env:
   MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH = None
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH = None
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 (20140417)
  SourcePackage: chromium-browser
  chromium-default: CHROMIUM_FLAGS=""
  gconf-keys: /desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec =
b'/usr/bin/chromium-browser\n'/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command =
b'/usr/bin/chromium-browser %s\n'/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/enabled =
b'true\n'/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command = b'/usr/bin/chromium-browser
%s\n'/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/enabled =
b'true\n'/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager =
b''/apps/metacity/general/compositing_manager =
b''/desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme =
b'gnome\n'/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_theme = b'Clearlooks\n'
  modified.conffile..etc.default.chromium.browser: [deleted]