** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.

  GDM won't start after update, systemctl start gdm just hangs
  indefinitely, using nvidia-drivers-520

Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After an update on 2022-10-27 after 12 days of uptime, GDM stopped
  working. The gdm3 package is at 42.0-1ubuntu7, though downgrading to
  42.0-1ubuntu6 didn't help.

  Running systemctl start gdm in the terminal would just hang until I
  hit ctrl+c.

  LightDM works (though I'd strongly prefer using GDM)

  Running on Nvidia Titan RTX, nvidia-
  driver-520=520.56.06-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04

  $ uname -a
  Linux thor 5.15.0-52-lowlatency #58-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Thu Oct 13 12:37:18
UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux