If there are no crash files then please look at
https://errors.ubuntu.com/user/ID where ID is the content of file
/var/lib/whoopsie/whoopsie-id on the machine. Do you find any links to
recent problems on that page? If so then please send the links to us.

** Summary changed:

- JS error crashes Firefox
+ Firefox fails to start

** Package changed: ubuntu => firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox fails to start

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  I have a ".desktop" file which opens Firefox.
  I click the file and I see the mouse cursor icon is change to a "loading"
icon, but firefox window doesn't appear.
  The loading icon continues for a few seconds (about 10sec) and then the
normal cursor icon is seen.

  Overall, Firefox doesn't appear.
  This issue started just recently, in the last week (probably due to an
upgrade, I assume).
  This issue happen only sometimes - meaning, sometimes when I click the
".desktop" file then firefox starts normally, but in some other times then
Firefox will not appear.

  I performed some debug and found out the it is related to the gnome-shell
program, or more specifically to the extension "ubuntu-dock".
  By inspecting the file "/var/log/syslog", whenever the issue happens, then
the following error appears in the file (omitted irrelevant data):
  "
  gnome-shell[2129]: JS ERROR: TypeError: window is
undefined#012activateWindow@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/main.js:764:30#012IsolatedOverview@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ubuntu-d...@ubuntu.com/docking.js:1546:29#012_create/object[name]@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ubuntu-d...@ubuntu.com/utils.js:290:68#012launchNewWindow@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ubuntu-d...@ubuntu.com/appIcons.js:677:26#012activate@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ubuntu-d...@ubuntu.com/appIcons.js:615:18#012vfunc_clicked@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/appDisplay.js:3168:14
  "

  -----------------------------

  Info according to the guidelines:

  1)
  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04

  2)
  $ apt-cache policy "gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock"
  gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock:
    Installed: 72~ubuntu5.22.04.1
    Candidate: 72~ubuntu5.22.04.1
    Version table:
   *** 72~ubuntu5.22.04.1 500
          500 http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates/main amd64
Packages
          500 http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates/main i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       72~ubuntu5 500
          500 http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages
          500 http://il.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main i386 Packages

  3)
  I expected a Firefox window to appear.

  4)
  Instead, a Firefox window doesn't appear.