the issue described otherwise seems similar to bug #1874893

  Nautilus- broken link from "Find New Applications"

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  (On 23.04 Daily build) If you are creating a .desktop on the
  desktop... or in Nautilus... and right-click use: Open With Other
  Application > Find New Applications... It errors out and locks up
  everything. The error displayed says that it can't find 'gnome-
  software'.

  It gets multiple error popups that do not go away. You have to reboot
  to get out of it. Another user can recreate the error, but can cancel
  out of it.

  Dev thread: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2481316

  If I install 'gnome-software', it continues on normally... I want to
  file a bug to report it and get that resolved, but unsure what package
  to file it against.

  Package: nautilus 1:43.0-1ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Nov 28 08:20:07 2022
  GsettingsChanges:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 23.04 "Lunar Lobster" - Alpha amd64 (20221128)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  usr_lib_nautilus:
   file-roller                       43.0-1
   nautilus-extension-gnome-terminal 3.46.2-1ubuntu1