** Summary changed:
- gnome-shell crahing after update
+ gnome-shell keeps crashing with JS ERROR: Gio.IOErrorEnum: Error removing
file $HOME/.config/gnome-shell/extension-updates/EXTENSION_NAME/...
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Status: Incomplete => New
** Summary changed:
- gnome-shell keeps crashing with JS ERROR: Gio.IOErrorEnum: Error removing
file $HOME/.config/gnome-shell/extension-updates/EXTENSION_NAME/...
+ gnome-shell keeps crashing with JS ERROR: Gio.IOErrorEnum: Error removing
file $HOME/.config/gnome-shell/extension-updates/EXTENSION_NAME/FILE_PATH:
Directory not empty
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1998963
Title:
gnome-shell keeps crashing with JS ERROR: Gio.IOErrorEnum: Error
removing file $HOME/.config/gnome-shell/extension-
updates/EXTENSION_NAME/FILE_PATH: Directory not empty
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
I upgraded everything a few days ago and it wanted a restart so I restarted
when it came back I could login, but it would boot me straight out again back
to the display manager,
so I tried a console that was fine, and ssh from another machine that was
fine, then I just tried Xorg crashed and said something had gone wrong and gave
me a button to log out tried both Xorg and wayland multiple times same problem.
1) $ lsb_release -rd
Description: Ubuntu 22.10
Release: 22.10
2) $ apt-cache policy gnome-shell
gnome-shell:
Installed: 43.0-1ubuntu2
Candidate: 43.0-1ubuntu2
Version table:
*** 43.0-1ubuntu2 500
500 http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu kinetic/main amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
3) I expected to be able to login as normal
4) I got a crash and booted out
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.10
Package: gnome-shell 43.0-1ubuntu2
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.19.0-26.27-generic 5.19.7
Uname: Linux 5.19.0-26-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.23.1-0ubuntu3
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
Date: Wed Dec 7 07:43:33 2022
DisplayManager: gdm3
InstallationDate: Installed on 2022-04-30 (220 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220419)
RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 43.0-1ubuntu4
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1998963/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp