I downgraded transmission-gtk to 3.00-1ubuntu1~20.04.1 which is for me
the last know good working setup.

Guess what ?  It runs troublefree on 20.04 but on 22.04 (this version)
it has the mentioned bug

Seems that changes in GTK/Gnome libs broke transmission-gtk after all (as i
suspected earlier).

The only thing that seems to work is upgrading to transmission_4.00 beta and
compile it.
(https://github.com/transmission/transmission/releases/download/4.0.0-beta.2/transmission-4.0.0-beta.2+rbceb368f1b.tar.xz)

I have 4.00 beta installed (tray-icon not yet working). I keep you
posted.

Packages, which is subscribed to transmission in Ubuntu.

  text in torrent info tabs change after opening it to gibberish

Status in transmission package in Ubuntu:

  on transmission-gtk

  after opening the torrent's properties panel, the text at first it's showing
ok, buy on mouse hover it changes to random text
  worked fine on 21.10

  Package: transmission-gtk 3.00-2ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME