Public bug reported:

Minimum required condition for recreation.

Ubuntu 20.04
kernel 5.15.0-53-generic
Model XPS-13
Chrome 07.0.5304.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

NOTE: that this occurs not just in chrome, but any application that uses
the system's default save dialogue.

For example, in Google Chrome, I press Control-S to save a webpage. When
doing so, a save dialogue appears for specifying the name and directory
of the file.

When I press any key to modify the name of a file, a letter is inserted
into a search window instead of the filename section.

It occurs in any web browsers or software which use this system's
default save dialogue for specifying a filename and directory.

I thought it is a bug in the filesystem (Nautilus). I'm reporting it
here.

** Affects: texlive-base (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to texlive-base in Ubuntu.

  filename cannot be changed in the "save" dialogue

Status in texlive-base package in Ubuntu: