Thank you for your bug report. That's probably because snapd doesn't
allow access to removable media by default and that interface isn't
connected by default for eog

Could you try if that resolves the issue for you?

$ sudo snap connect eog:removable-media :removable-media

** Tags added: snap

** Summary changed:

- Can not load images from external devices
+ Can not load images from external devices with the snap

** Changed in: eog (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to eog in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2000023

Title:
  Can not load images from external devices with the snap

Status in eog package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I'm using the snap version, 42.3 with latest stable Ubuntu.

  When I try to open a file from a external device (let's say something
  I mounted in /media/) I can not open that file using EOG. I tried with
  the snap of Shotwell (0.30.16) and seems like it's possible to see the
  image so it seems related with permissions of the snapcraft build

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eog/+bug/2000023/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to