To be absolutely fair, I have to add this:

One thing, namely the handling of BiDi _control_ characters at the very
beginning of a paragraph (logical line), remains as a TODO item both in
the spec and in VTE's implementation (both of which are really
nontrivial).

I just ran out of motivation and time, so it's probably waiting for
someone else to fix it.

In the unlikely case that "apt"'s given message begins with such a
character, and VTE chopping it off is the reason for the wrong order,
then it's my fault :)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  Poor Arabic rendering in VTE

Status in gnome-terminal package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in vte package in Ubuntu:

  VTE has a number of issues when it comes to rendering Arabic letters
  in the terminal, which could affect a number of languages (Arabic,
  Urdu, Persian... etc).

  Bug 1: Any Arabic word in any VTE-based terminal is choppily displayed
  with spaces between its letters, making readability hard and sometimes
  not possible. Sometimes the letters are crushed together very closely
  making reading impossible too.

  Bug 2: If a non-Arabic text and an Arabic text are displayed together
  in the same line, then the entire line will be missed up and you won't
  be able to understand what is being said.

  Both of these bugs can be seen from the image I attached.

  I reported both of these bugs together because it's unlikely they can
  be fixed separately, probably they are related to each other.

  Problem can be seen in any VTE-based terminal. Here I am using GNOME
  Terminal 3.44.0 on Ubuntu 22.04, but it can be seen in any Ubuntu
  version and in any terminal version as well (it has been there since
  forever).

  I reported the bug here instead of upstream because that's what they
  said at the page: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Terminal/ReportingBugs,
  but this bug is not related to Ubuntu only; it happens on all Linux
  distributions.

  Happy to provide any information you need, or any do tests or
  experiments.