The packages mentioned in this bug (gnome-control-center and gnome-text-
editor) build fine now, and so does nautilus-share which I had uploaded.
I have removed the block-proposed tag.

There is just a tiny problem: While I uploaded pkgbinarymangler,
Gianfranco picked the debhelper reverse idea from my PPA and uploaded
debhelper almost concurrently. So the issue has been fixed twice. :/

I suppose it's better to keep the pkgbinarymangler change, and drop this
extra delta in debhelper compared to Debian. But we can decide that
later, since there is no longer any urgency.

Btw, it cannot be ruled out that the debhelper commit became problematic
to dh_translations by mistake. But I think it's rather related to the
pipes in the failing dh_translations commands.

** Tags removed: block-proposed

** Changed in: debhelper (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-text-editor (Ubuntu)

  debhelper 13.11.4ubuntu1 broke dh-translations

Status in debhelper package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in gnome-text-editor package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in pkgbinarymangler package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Today's debhelper 13.11.4ubuntu1 merge broke dh-translations.

  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-text-editor/43.2-1ubuntu1

  gnome-text-editor build log excerpt
  -----------------------------------
  dh_translations
  Can't exec "meson introspect '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
--targets |
   jq -r -M '.[].name | select(endswith("-pot")) | sub("-pot"; "")'":
   No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm
line 518.
  dh_translations: error: exec (for cmd: "meson introspect
'/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
   --targets | jq -r -M '.[].name | select(endswith(\"-pot\")) |
   sub(\"-pot\"; \"\")'") failed: No such file or directory
  dh_translations: error: "meson introspect
'/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
   --targets | jq -r -M '.[].name | select(endswith(\"-pot\")) |
   sub(\"-pot\"; \"\")'" returned exit code 25

  Other Info