Public bug reported:

Hello,

I found a bug in the nautilus file archiver/compressor feature. If you
right click on a file/folder, then go to "Compress" then you will see
the corrupted descriptions when you select the package format (.zip
etc.) I made a screenshot of it. At least in German and maybe in other
languages where you have a long description text.

According to my tests it happens
- only on X11, not on Wayland
- on every scaling factor (100% original, 150% fractional, 200%)

I read the changelogs of nautilus and it seems that this bug was fixed in
nautilus 42.5:
"* Really fix the cropped compress format popover on X11 (Ondrej Holy)"
Source: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/-/blob/gnome-42/NEWS
(nautilus on Ubuntu Jammy uses only version 42.2)

So it would be nice if this patch could be transferred to Ubuntu 22.04
LTS, because I currently can't read the descriptions.

With best reagards
Malsabku

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Tags: jammy

** Attachment added: "Here you see the cut-off descriptions."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2007620/+attachment/5647907/+files/Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202023-02-16%2023-37-49.png

  In the nautilus compressor dialogue descriptions are cut off on X11
  22.04 LTS

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu: