Public bug reported:

Hissing and high-pitched noises occasionally play through headphones. It
happens as a one-off but happens frequently. Sometimes it happens whilst
playing audio, but sometimes just after audio plays. It's difficult to
reliably reproduce but it happens often.

There is a hack for it which is to go to /etc/pulse/default.pa , comment
out "load-module module-suspend-on-idle" , and then restart pulseaudio .
With this hack I no longer get any hissing or high-pitched noises.

Release info:
Release:        22.04

Pulseaudio information

pulseaudio:
  Installed: 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2
  Candidate: 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2
  Version table:
 *** 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2 500
        500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 500
        500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages

** Affects: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Hissing and high-pitched noises occasionally playing through
  headphones

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu: