This bug affects me on Ubuntu 22.04 too.

It happens only when LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8. If I run it with LANG=C info it
doesn't crash.

Packages, which is subscribed to texinfo in Ubuntu.

  info (GNU texinfo) 6.7 segfaults in ubuntu 20.04.1

Status in texinfo package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  The Standalone GNU Info documentation browser /info/ fails with a
  segfault in a Ubuntu focal fossa recently updated system:

  $  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      20.04

  $ uname -a
  Linux ____ 5.13.0-40-generic #45~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 4 09:38:31 UTC
2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  If I issue an info --version it works
   info --version
  info (GNU texinfo) 6.7

  Licença GPLv3+: GNU GPL versão 3 ou superior
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
  Esse é um software livre: você é livre para alterá-lo e redistribuí-lo.
  NÃO HÁ QUALQUER GARANTIA, na máxima extensão permitida em lei.

  Display in Portuguese as machine is set to Brazilian locale

  If issued with --help, it also prints 42 lines of information (in
  Portuguese).

  Any attempt to see documentation be it by asking a node, e.g. 'info
  octave' or directly to a known info file, e.g. 'info -f
  /usr/share/info/octave.info.gz' segfaults.

  The message says the core dumped has been stored, but I still didn't
  manage to find where to get a look with gdb.