Gunnar, can you add a test case to the bug description?

I don't know how to reproduce this issue with a new Ubuntu 23.04 install
(using American English).

By the way, the issue still exists with glib 2.75.4-1 (currently in
Debian Experimental and not in Ubuntu yet).

** Description changed:

- While preparing the gnome-settings-daemon 44 Beta update for Ubuntu
- 23.04, I noticed that I could no longer enter text in the address bars
- for the Chromium or Firefox snaps.
+ Test Case
+ ---------
+
+
+ Original Bug Report
+ -------------------
+ While preparing the gnome-settings-daemon 44 Beta update for Ubuntu 23.04, I
noticed that I could no longer enter text in the address bars for the Chromium
or Firefox snaps.

  Therefore, I reverted https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-
  daemon/-/commit/27bc0889c so that we could continue with the update. See
  https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gnome-settings-
  daemon/-/commit/baeeed93

  Before I did that, I tested disabling our patches but it didn't make a
  difference.

  I was unable to reproduce the issue on Debian Testing but there may have
  been differences in how snap was configured there.

  I'm filing this bug since ideally we would not be diverging from
  upstream here.

Packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu.

  glib2.0 2.75.3-3 breaks text input for Firefox & Chromium snaps

Status in glib2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:

  Test Case