Public bug reported:

In the short time I've had the newest GNOME updates for Lunar, my gnome-
shell has hung twice.

The first time I had just logged into a Google account in Chrome, and it
popped up the window asking me if I wanted to switch to a new Chrome
profile rather than logging into that account in the same profile, and I
clicked the yes button to do that, and then my screen simply hang and
refused to do anything for about 30-45 seconds, after which it unhung.
The mouse pointer moved during the hang but nothing else.

The second time I attempted to open an external drive that was mounted
by clicking on its icon in the dock, and the open animation appeared but
the folder didn't open. I clicked again and the open animation appeared
again but again the folder did not open. At this point everything hung--
once again, mouse cursor moved but nothing else would happen no matter
what I typed or clicked. Waiting this one out didn't work; I had to SSH
into the machine from another bo and kill -9 the gnome-shell process to
escape.

Package: gnome-shell 44~beta-1ubuntu1
CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Fri Mar 10 16:20:01 2023
DisplayManager: gdm3
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" - Release amd64 (20190416)
RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 44~beta-3ubuntu2
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to lunar on 2022-11-24 (106 days ago)

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug lunar wayland-session

  Latest gnome-shell hanging regularly