I dug into this a little and encountered a whole slew of issues, such
that I'm really unsure how to file them or under what packages.

I'm using nvidia-driver-525 with one monitor plugged directly into the
back of my computer and a second monitor plugged into a DisplayLink hub.

The DisplayLink monitor works fine on the login screen and under Xorg
but does not work under Wayland: when I log into Wayland the computer
thinks that the DisplayLink monitor is active (i.e., the display
settings applet claims that my display is extended to it and I can move
my mouse off the edge of one screen and supposedly onto the other), but
it's blank and the monitor claims it's not getting a signal.

When I log into Wayland Nightlight is disabled and the settings applet
for it says that it's unavailable. (And of course none of them are the
same as the bug to which I'm adding this comment.)

When I log into Xorg Nightlight is supposedly enabled but does not
appear to do anything to the color of the display on either the direct
monitor or the DisplayLink monitor, i.e., it doesn't appear to work.

I'm guessing these are all separate bugs but I'm so overwhelmed by the
number and variety of them that I'm not sure how best to report them.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia] Night light doesn't cover all monitors fully

Status in gnome-settings-daemon package in Ubuntu:
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  The GNOME night light only seems to work on the first half of the
  first screen within a dual monitor setup (Ubuntu 18.04 stock, using
  X11 with Gefore GT240, NVIDIA proprietary drivers).  See attached
  screenshots.

  br, Koen.
  ---
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  koen       1820 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  koen       1820 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC3:  koen       1820 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC2:  koen       1820 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=9b7457bf-328f-4fe5-9e46-ed14b65d4fb2
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180426)
  IwConfig:
   lo        no wireless extensions.

   enp0s10   no wireless extensions.
  MachineType: . .
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcFB: 0 VESA VGA
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.15.0-20-generic
root=UUID=5dcdbe58-6afd-4f90-ab58-1f53f5cfa9f4 ro
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-4.15.0-20-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-4.15.0-20-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.173
  RfKill:

  Tags:  bionic
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-20-generic x86_64
  UnreportableReason: This report is about a package that is not installed.
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: False
  dmi.bios.date: 07/31/2008
  dmi.bios.vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
  dmi.bios.version: 6.00 PG
  dmi.board.name: AN-M2HD(MCP68)
  dmi.board.vendor: http://www.abit.com.tw/
  dmi.board.version: 1.x