This happened to me, and it also changed my default browser for my
session. This meant that whenever an application tried to open a link it
would just silently fail. I assume I am not the only one with this
effect.

Perhaps we need a package which will stay installed which coordinates
with the snap somehow.

  www-browser is not satisfied by the default Firefox snap

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gimp-help package in Ubuntu:

  When installing a package that has the virtual-package www-browser as
  a dependency, the Firefox snap is not taken into account.

  This leads to wslu being installed on Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop (notably
  when installing the GIMP translation packages), which breaks the ding
  desktop behaviour:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wslu/+bug/1971757