Thanks, closing since the issue was due to having a local installation
in the userdir which is not something we have a control on.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu desktop settings unavailable

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I have just upgraded from 22.10 to 23.04.
  Now, in "Settings", the "Ubuntu Desktop" option shows:
  "No ubuntu settings found.
  Oops, something has gone wrong. Please report a bug in Launchpad."