CurrentDesktop: Budgie:GNOME
Date: Wed May 17 21:50:52 2023
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Budgie 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
LightdmConfig:
 [Seat:*]
 greeter-session=slick-greeter
SourcePackage: lightdm

** Affects: lightdm (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug jammy third-party-packages

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  System 76 Lemur Pro - Light Display Manager failed on boot

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I have executed a ubuntu-bug lightdm as requested here:

https://discourse.ubuntubudgie.org/t/failed-to-start-light-display-manager/6709

  In my case I did nano /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service and
  double checked Restart=Always was on (it was) and added
  RestartSec=0.5. So far it’s booting every single time without issue.

  It might be better to  include that in the config by default so less
  people run into this issue.  Most of the people who were addressing
  this ended up reinstalling Ubuntu Budgie and this fix can avoid that
  issue entirely.

  Package: lightdm 1.30.0-0ubuntu5 [modified:
lib/systemd/system/lightdm.service]
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.4
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass