** Changed in: unzip (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to file-roller in Ubuntu.

  [wish] extract multipart files zip archive

Status in File Roller:
  Confirmed
Status in file-roller package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in unzip package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in file-roller package in Baltix:

  Latest tested release:
  Ubuntu Hardy heron 8.04 amd64
  Latest tested packages:
  file-roller:
    Installed: 2.22.3-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 2.22.3-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 2.22.3-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com hardy-updates/main Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       2.22.2-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
  unzip:
    Installed: 5.52-10ubuntu2
    Candidate: 5.52-10ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 5.52-10ubuntu2 0
          500 http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Original description:
  Ubuntu Gutsy gibbon 7.10 amd64
  (I have installed p7zip p7zip-full rar unrar)
  I tried to unzip multipart file archive (Fink.zip Fink.z01 Fink.z02 Fink.z03).

  Right click -> extract here and it outputs this error:

  warning [/home/username/Desktop/Fink.zip]:  zipfile claims to be last disk of
a multi-part archive;
    attempting to process anyway, assuming all parts have been concatenated
    together in order.  Expect "errors" and warnings...true multi-part support
    doesn't exist yet (coming soon).
  file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  4
  file #2:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  27969969
  file #3:  bad zipfile offset (lseek):  49012736

  Then tried the command: 7za x Fink.zip
  with this error:

  7-Zip (A) 4.51 beta  Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Igor Pavlov  2007-07-25
  p7zip Version 4.51 (locale=en_US.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)
  Processing archive: Fink.zip
  Error: Can not open file as archive

  I even tried unrar / rar and they don't support the file. It looks like they
can't handle multipart zip files.
  The multipart files were extracted successfully in a Windows environment,
using Winrar 3.71
  Could this be fixed in Ubuntu Hardy Heron 7.04 ?