Sorry, I did'n understand: how exactly the background color 'influences'
the picture? For me, it does not change the picture view. Maybe is and
effect in the human eye?

Could you post a screenshot?

** Changed in: eog (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to eog in Ubuntu.

  changing of background color from black to anyother influences on the
  picture

Status in “eog” package in Ubuntu:

  changing of background color from black to anyother influences on the
  picture

  Package: eog 3.2.1-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: sep3_4 pax fglrx
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4