I fixed the problem myself by setting the printer up with a cupsdriver.
Since my printer is connected to my LAN as a networkprinter it is using
the default "driverless" setup that works out of the box after i install
Kubuntu. It works for native apps and flatpaks as well. Applications
installed as  snap seem to be unable to detect the printer. This happens
on three different systems.

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Printer is not available in chromium snap

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  My printer is not available in chromium. I had the same problem in firefox
but fixed it with the following command:

    sudo snap connect firefox:cups-control

  However this did not work with the chromium snap. I got the following
  error:

    snap "chromium" has no plug named "cups-control"

  My printer is a network printer and is automatically detected by my
  Kubuntu install. It works out of the box with all native apps and
  flatpaks.