** Changed in: firefox

  [snap] Firefox Narrator stopped working after upgrade from 20.04 to
  22.04

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Fix Released
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I just noticed that the narrator feature, which reads articles out
  load with TTS in Firefox reading view stopped working after upgrading
  to 22.04. Another user reported the same problem on ask Ubuntu:

  https://askubuntu.com/questions/1418391/no-tts-voices-on-
  firefox-v102-0-after-upgrading-to-ubuntu-22-04-lts

  Also, if you have no clue what this is about:
  https://askubuntu.com/questions/953509/how-can-i-change-the-voice-
  used-by-firefox-reader-view-narrator-in-ubuntu

  ---

  1)

  $   lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04

  2) Firefox is a snap now, but I guess for the feature to work it needs
  to detect TTS which is packaged as deb.

  $  snap list firefox
  Name     Version  Rev   Tracking       Publisher  Notes
  firefox  104.0-3  1749  latest/stable  mozilla✓   -

  $  apt-cache policy espeak speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng firefox
  espeak:
    Installed: 1.48.15+dfsg-3
    Candidate: 1.48.15+dfsg-3
    Version table:
   *** 1.48.15+dfsg-3 500
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/universe amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
  speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng:
    Installed: 0.11.1-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 0.11.1-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 0.11.1-1ubuntu1 500
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       0.11.1-1 500
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages
  firefox:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2
    Version table:
       1:1snap1-0ubuntu2 500
          500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3) open a website, enter reader mode, click the icon with sound waves
  and hear the text being read with TTS

  4) the icon is missing

  ---

  Edit: I tested Firefox Flatpak and it is also affected, my best guess
  is that Firefox is not at fault.