I can't seem to reproduce this. There is no screenshot feature available
in the login screen. Are you sure you don't have any extensions
installed?

Even if it did work, you should expect screenshots to appear in ~gdm,
not ~root

** Tags added: jammy

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  22.04 : Default screenshot utility can be triggered from login-screen
  but useless.

  Hi,

  Ubuntu 22.04 ( Gnome, GDM, Wayland )

  screenshot utility.

  It seems to work, at the end it says « picture has been saved in the
  paperboard ».

  But how get hands on that paperboard later ?

  No picture is saved in /root.

  I suspect the screenshot utility should not be launch-able from login-
  screen,

  as it suggests something impossible to do ( get a screenshot of login-
  screen. )