** Attachment added: "5-ToolbarBookmarksVisibleWithLightTheme.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/2033988/+attachment/5697420/+files/5-ToolbarBookmarksVisibleWithLightTheme.png

** Summary changed:

- Firefox Snap update breaks dark theme
+ Firefox Snap update breaks dark themes

** Description changed:

  * Operating System: Kubuntu 22.04
  * KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.7
  * KDE Frameworks Version: 5.92.0
  * Qt Version: 5.15.3

  I would expect to be able to have full access to my bookmarks and the
  contents of the application menu regardless of the theme I am using.

  That was the case until I allowed the Firefox Snap to update. I closed
  Firefox to allow it to update itself when I got the Snap notification in
  the bottom right corner. I then ended up with this version:

  Firefox 117.0 (64-bit)
  Mozilla Firefox Snap for Ubuntu
  canonical-002 - 1.0

  The current version breaks my dark theme so that I cannot see my
  bookmarks or settings. The bookmark icons are visible, but the text is
  invisible on the dark background. Hovering over the bookmarks displays
  their tooltips and the bookmarks can be successfully clicked to open
  their pages. The application menu (that you get to by clicking the
  hamburger icon in the top right corner of Firefox) has no tooltips. You
  can still click on its entries, but you'd have to know which one you're
  clicking somehow or you're taking your chances.

  This appears to be a theme issue. I was using a dark (magenta) theme
  when the update occurred. When I switch to a light (pastel) theme, the
  entries in the application menu are visible and the text inside of
  toolbar bookmark folders is visible. However, text is still *not*
  visible in the bookmark manager. Interestingly, the bookmark manager is
  not honoring my current light (pastel) theme even after a restart of
  Firefox. Instead, the bookmark manager is still displaying with my dark
  (magenta) theme. This means that thorough searches of the bookmarks are
  not currently possible and bookmarks cannot currently be backed up or
  restored.

  Note that revision 3068 is the currently-broken revision I'm using and
  revision 3026 was my last-known-good revision, so something got broken
  after revision 3026.

+ Note, also, that I tried several dark and light themes and all of them
+ exhibited the behavior described above.

  I will attempt to attach these five screenshots to show that toolbar bookmark
text is only visible when using a light theme, bookmark manager text is never
visible and the current theme is not honored, and application menu text is only
visible when using a light theme:
-       * 1-BookmarksInvisibleWithDarkTheme.png
-       * 2-ApplicationMenuInvisibleWithDarkTheme.png
-       * 3-BookmarkManagerAlwaysInvisible.png
-       * 4-ApplicationMenuVisibleWithLightTheme.png
-       * 5-BookmarksVisibleWithLightTheme.png
[...]

+ I've attached the output of the snap list --all command and also these five
screenshots to show that toolbar bookmark text is only visible when using a
light theme, that bookmark manager text is never visible, that the current
theme is not honored in the bookmark manager, and that the application menu
text is only visible when using a light theme:
   * 1-BookmarksInvisibleWithDarkTheme.png
   * 2-ApplicationMenuInvisibleWithDarkTheme.png
   * 3-BookmarkManagerAlwaysInvisible.png
   * 4-ApplicationMenuVisibleWithLightTheme.png
   * 5-BookmarksVisibleWithLightTheme.png

  Firefox Snap update breaks dark themes

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu: