Most of the fixes for this bug are in mutter 45, but there are also some
regressions in there too. So the issue will be fully resolved after bug
2033719. But only in GNOME 45 and later.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Daniel van Vugt (vanvugt)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Mouse lag/stutter (missed frames) in Wayland sessions

  In Progress

Bug description:
  Mouse lag on fresh install of ubuntu 22.04 LTS (wayland). This problem
  didn't occur in previous version of ubuntu based on xorg.

  Specifically, frequent mouse lag when I turn on the pc, when I unlock the pc
or when heavy operations are done on it.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20220809.1)
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  Package: gnome-shell 42.5-0ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 42.5-0ubuntu1
  Tags:  jammy wayland-session
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True